2017 December 25
Ladies and Gentlemen:
Japan Holiday Travel Co., Ltd. ( President & CEO: Mr. Ikuyasu Go, HQ: Osaka City) and the Public Interest Foundation Osaka Convention & Tourism Bureau (President Hiroshi Mizobata) aim to strengthen cooperation with each other, joining a “Collaboration Agreement for Tourism Promotion” in order to promote tourism toward Osaka, mainly from China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Korea, and other countries from Southeast Asia.
The number of foreign visitors to Osaka reached 9.4 million in 2016 and went up to almost 11 million in 2017, with 86% of these visitors coming from Asian countries.
Japan Holiday Travel has been working on inbound business since 1998 and now serves 1.4 million visiting travelers a year (calculated between October 2016 and September 2017). As individual travel becomes more prominent throughout the world, with 1.15 million out of the number above being individual travelers, Japan Holiday Travel strives to serve them as well as possible through the full use of IT. We mainly offer travel products to over 900 travel agencies in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Korea, and other countries from Southeast Asia.
Japan Holiday Travel, based in Osaka, together with Osaka Convention & Tourism Bureau, will provide careful support to tourism facilities in Osaka, and will also provide them with the tourism-related network and know-how on tourism promotion of Osaka Convention & Tourism Bureau, and the network, IT solutions, media distribution power, etc., of Japan Holiday Travel. We will make full use of the strengths of both organizations to improve competitiveness on an international scale and increase tourist satisfaction.
1. Purpose of the Agreement
Japan Holiday Travel and Osaka Convention & Tourism Bureau join this agreement to collaborate in the promotion of tourism in Osaka, by cooperating in broadcasting information about tourism in Osaka, promoting and marketing it, mainly in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea and other markets from Southeast Asia.
2. Outline of the Agreement on Tourism Promotion Collaboration
(1) PR and audience expansion for tourist facilities in Osaka, mainly in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, and other Southeast Asian markets
(2) Development of travel products related to the promotions by the Osaka Tourism Board
(3) Improvements to an environment which eases the acceptance of inbound customers mainly coming from China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, and other Southeast Asian markets
- Introduction of IT in tourist facilities through Japan Holiday Travel’s know-how
(Introduction of a digitalized system of travel products through QR codes, etc.)
- Promotion of the multilingual call center (Osaka sightseeing guidance/hospital information) operated by Osaka Convention & Tourism Bureau
(4) Collaboration with the projects of Osaka Convention & Tourism Bureau Alliance
(Introduction of a digitalized system for facility tickets through of QR codes, etc. in tourism facilities)
(5) In addition, Osaka Convention & Tourism Bureau and Japan Holiday Travel will work together in cooperation with each other regarding such matters concerning tourism promotion as both parties deem necessary.
Japan Holiday Travel Co., Ltd.
PR: Mr. Yazawa / Mr. Miura
TEL: +81-6-6634-1248 (06-6634-1248)